- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Summer Classes
- The Nonfiction Journey: From the Idea to the Page
- Fitzgerald and Hemingway: The "Great" 1920s
- Fish Without Bicycles: The Second Women’s Movement in America, 1963-1983
- Hungry for Words: An Inquiry Into the Art of Food Writing
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Graham Greene’s Spy Trio
- Reading the Short Story
- Finding Your Narrative: A Poetry Workshop for Beginners and Intermediates
- Saul Bellow: Deconstructing a Great American Novelist
- Classes for Children & Teens
- Summer Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts | CDs | DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Signed First Editions Club
Politics & Prose has welcomed Nobel laureates and Booker Prize winners, debut novelists and established stars in the literary firmament. Now you can be a part of literary history and build an impressive, irreplaceable library through the P&P Signed First Editions Club.
You might be familiar with our Book-A-Month Gift Program, in which our booksellers hand-pick a monthly gift for a reader in your life. Now you can sign up to have a first edition, first printing of a newly released book delivered each month directly to your - or your loved one's - doorstep.
We showcase novels and literary nonfiction, bringing you the best, most exciting new titles from the writers who inspire us with contagious enthusiasm.
February: Vampires in the Lemon Grove, Karen Russell
January: Tenth of December: Stories, George Saunders
December: No selection
November: Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power, Jon Meacham
October: Blasphemy, Sherman Alexie
September: John Saturnall's Feast, Lawrence Norfolk
August: Age of Miracles, Karen Thompson Walker
July: Capital, John Lanchester
June: Journalism, Joe Sacco
May: Newlyweds, Nell Freudenberger
April: When I Was a Child I Read Books, Marilynne Robinson
March: Carry the One, Carol Anshaw
February: What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank: Stories, Nathan Englander
January: The Orphan Master's Son, Adam Johnson
December: The Angel Esmeralda, Don DeLillo
November: The Marriage Plot, Jeffrey Eugenides
October: The Cat's Table, Michael Ondaatje
September: The Art of Fielding, Chad Harbach
August: Once Upon a River, Bonnie Jo Campbell
July: State of Wonder, Ann Patchett
June: The Greater Journey, David McCullough
May: To End All Wars, Adam Hochschild
April: The Hunger Moon: New and Selected Poems, 1980-2010, Marge Piercy
March: The Tiger's Wife,Téa Obreht
February: When The Killing's Done, TC Boyle
January: The Empty Family, Colm Tóibín
December: Luka and the Fire of Life, Salman Rushdie
November: Travels in Siberia, Ian Frazier
October: Great House, Nicole Krauss
September: Freedom, Jonathan Franzen (inaugural selection)
THE FINE PRINT
- There is no enrollment fee. The cost of each book (including shipping, if desired) is the only charge, which will be processed every month when the books arrive at Politics & Prose.
- P&P Members receive 20% off on all selections (If you are not currently a member, we encourage you to register for a membership! You will save in the long run and receive all other member benefits)
- The program is available for six or twelve months at a time.
- Signed First Edition books are not returnable.
- If you have a 12 month or indefinite subscription you may opt out of ONE selection per calendar year.
- Opt outs are not available for six month subscriptions.
Or call us at 202-364-1919 or toll-free at 1-800-722-0790.
Please enter a credit card under Payment Method when checking out online. We will charge you for the cost of each book using this card throughout the time of the enrollment.